Registrations & Associations
* Registered Clinical Psychologist with New Zealand Psychologists Board (registered since 2012)
* Member of New Zealand Psychological Society (since 2010).
* Member of New Zealand Institute of Clinical Psychology (NZPS)
* Associate Member of New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists
* International Member of American Psychological Association
* ACC Approved Provider
I was born and raised in Northland. After living in the Waikato and Auckland regions during parts of my training, I returned to Northland in 2007.
I have worked in the mental health and rehabilitation field since 1998. I have also been involved with a range of charity events and have been a voluntary youth leader for over 20 years.
I provide psychological assessment, diagnosis and evidence-based treatment for a variety of mental health and emotional difficulties, including:
* Loss and Grief
* Childhood Behavioural Problems
I trained primarily in cognitive-behavioural therapy and I also have an interest in using schema therapy, mindfulness, dialectical-behavioural therapy approaches and motivational interviewing. I am also trained in Sand Tray therapy and Brick therapy. I enjoy working with people of all age groups; however I have a particular passion for working with youth/young people.
I regularly attend supervision and maintain on-going personal and professional development.
Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
University of Waikato 2014
Master of Arts. Second Class Honours (Div 1) in Psychology
Massey University 2007
“Thank you for the care and support that you have given towards me and my family. Your kindness has meant alot...I will never forget what you have done for me.” Shevaughan.
Bachelor of Social Sciences
University of Waikato 2000